Home Learning is an important part of our school week as it helps to esure a seamless link between the learning the children do within the school day and the home learning that is suported by parents at home.
Hope learning is set each week in class on a Thursday and will include:
- Daily reading of the child's reading book
- Practice on Times Table Rockstar (Year 2 +) or Numbots (Year 1 plus EYFS when the children are ready) at least 3 times a week
- Daily practice of weekly spellings (these will be printed on homework sheets)
- Completion of weekly arithmeitc questions which mirror those practised in class that week
Full details of our approach to Home Learning, or Remote Learning as it is sometimes known, can be found in our Remote Learning Policy on the Policies page. When required, provision for all children is provided via Google Classroom. You child's class teacher will provide you with log-in details to use and your child will be able to participate in a 3-4 hours of education per day.
If you have any questions or problems in accessing Google Classroom, please let the school know.
Below are further resources that might be useful in supporting your child at home:
- National Autistic Society: The NAS South Gloucestershire Branch offers support to parents and carers of children who have autism or Asperger syndrome. The branch runs an evening and daytime support group once a month in Bradley stoke. Please visit their website for up to date info. In addition to this they organise activities for children and young people on the autism spectrum including science club, and youth club. NAS Mailing list – can be added if awaiting a diagnosis.
- JIGSAW Thornbury Support families who have children who are 0-25 years and have any additional needs or disability. This can be anything from learning needs such as dyslexia to complex disabilities or medical problems. Many children who come have no diagnosis. Weekly support group for parents, carers and children + training courses on a range of topics. Telephone: 01454 416381 Website: https://www.jigsawthornbury.org.uk/
- Bristol Autism Support – providing information, support and training for parents/carers of children in Bristol and South Glos. Includes info relevant to those with or without a diagnosis. https://www.bristolautismsupport.com/
- Supportive Parents: Local SEN and disability information service (SENDIAS) - Information and support around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, for children, young people and families.
Tel: 0117 9897725 Mon-Fri 9.30 - 4.30 (answerphone at other times), Email: