South Gloucestershire Learning Alliance
We are proud to be part of the South Gloucestershire Learning Alliance.
As part of an exciting but ever changing education climate, it is vital to be outward looking and collaborative to ensure the best outcomes both for our own children but also for those of the schools around us. To ensure that the systems and structures exist to challenge and support the leadership of every school, the South Gloucestershire Learning Alliance (SGLA) was created in 2018 by Heads with a shared vision of ensuring that South Gloucestershire is a 'PLACE WHERE WE ALL SHARE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPROVING THE LIFE CHANCES OF ALL OUR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE'.
The SGLA aims to ensure learning excellence in all participating schools with no school being without the supportive help of colleagues working together for the benefit of all. The Allliance is structured with a series of Hubs working in close partnership under the umbrella of the Alliance Board. The Hub we are part of is Ignite hub which consists of seven diverse, forward thinking and successful schools.
The ways that the learning alliance works together include
- Creating inter school networks of shared excellence
- Promoting effective working practises within participating schools
- Providing data analysis and school improvement planning support
- Quality assuring the work of Alliance School Improvement Advisors, including recruitment, training and monitoring of learning outcomes
- Liaising with strategic partners from across the country to maximise educational and financial potential
- Liaising with other learning networks across the country to share highly effective learning strategies
- Reporting learning outcomes to the Local School Standards Board, the School Improvement Partnership Board and other stakeholders
Our Ignite Hub partners are Beacon Rise Primary, Christ Church Infants, St Chad's Primary, Barley Close Primary, Christ Church Infant, Marshfield Primary and Christ Church Junior.
We are so proud to be part of such a forward thinking, aspirational hub and although each school is distinctly different in size, demographic, location, context and ethos, it is our differences and willingness to learn from each other that becomes our greatest strength. With a shared School Improvement Advisor as well as a wealth of shared learning opportunities we are able to facilitate growth for staff at all levels within our schools while reflecting on our practice and evolving our curriculum offer to the children within our care.