Last year, our budget allocation for Sports Premium was £10, 790 consisting of £8, 930 and £1, 860 carried forward from the previous year's Sports Premium.
This year, our budget is: £17, 850
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE (set by the Department for Education):
'To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.'
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding. It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles;
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement;
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.
We use the funding in a variety of ways. The documents below details the ways in which we use the funding and the impact of this spending on our pupils' achievements and the profile sport in our school.
Please view the two documents below for further information: